We are delivering Covid Vaccinations in line with UK Government and NHS England guidelines.
As part of the Vale of Evesham Primary Care Network, we have been giving Covid vaccines for almost 12 months.
It is a never ending task !
We are currently giving booster doses as well as primary and secondary doses to appropriate patients.
It is important for you to understand that we have a limited supply and we are doing the vaccines on top of all the other work that we do. The vaccination programme on its own is a full time job.
We are currently only getting supplied with the Pfizer/BioNTech vaccine. This is the only vaccine that is being routinely offered for a booster.
If you cannot have the Pfizer vaccine because of a history of anaphylaxis to one of its ingredients, then we can refer you to Riverside surgery in Evesham for an Astra Zeneca vaccine - but the supply is very limited.
If you want to know more about whether you can have the Pfizer vaccine please look at pages 29-31 of the "Green Book". See here
Because of supply issues, we will not be able to vaccinate all our patients.
Therefore, when you are invited for a vaccine, if at all possible, please book an appointment at one of the NHS "Mass Sites". See here
Before booking your appointment please read the information leaflets here:
Covid-19 Vaccination - a guide for adults
Covid-19 Vaccination guide for women of child bearing age, pregnant or breast feeding
Attending your appointment
IF YOU ARE ACUTELY UNWELL OR FEVERISH, OR ARE ISOLATING DUE TO A POSITIVE COVID SWAB OR BECAUSE OF A CONTACT – PLEASE DO NOT ATTEND YOUR APPOINTMENT
For all vaccination sites:
- Arrive 2 minutes before your appointment time. Please do not enter early. This will help with the flow of patients and social distancing inside and outside our buildings
- Wear a face mask and gel your hands
- Wear clothing which is easy to remove and expose the top of your arm
- If you have the Pfizer/BioNTech vaccine you will wait under observation for 15 minutes following your vaccination
- Whichever vaccine you have, you cannot drive for 15 minutes following your vaccination